From Now to Tax Day, Tuesday, April 18, 2017
For workshops and presentations around the country, see the gatherings page.
Read about and participate in Collective Redirection 2017.
Tucson — Contact Nuclear Resister or (520) 323-8697
- Tuesday, April 18, 7 a.m.–8 a.m. Tax Day vigil at Raytheon Missile Systems, Hermans Road entrance to the plant (3rd traffic light south of Valencia on Nogales Highway, the extension of South 6th Avenue). Join the Raytheon Peacemakers as we demonstrate against war and those who profit from it. Survival demands better ideas, not better weapons. Park off Nogales Highway, between railroad tracks and highway at the Hermans Road entrance. Signs provided, or bring your own!
Berkeley — Contact No. Calif. War Tax Resistance/People’s Life Fund, (510) 842-6124, Email
- Saturday, April 15, 6 pm – 8 pm. People’s Life Fund Granting Ceremony, BFUU Fellowship Hall, 1924 Cedar St., Berkeley. See the Facebook page or website for more information.
Boulder — Rocky Mountain Peace & Justice Center, (303) 499-9456 or Email
- Sunny days in April, midday. Look for Gary Erb out tabling and leafleting on the downtown mall with war tax resistance materials.
South Bend — Contact Michiana War Tax Refusers
- Monday, April 17, 4:30 p.m. Vigil with signs demanding “Divest from War, Invest in People” outside the Federal Building.
- March 31 – April 18, leafleting at many locations and times around the state including: March 31 – Bar Harbor College of the Atlantic Cafeteria (breakfast & lunch); April 4 – UMaine/Machias (10 am – 2 pm); April 8 – UMaine/Orono, Hope Fest (11 am – 3 pm), and, Waterville Castonguay Square (Noon – 5 pm); April 15 – Belfast Food Coop (11 am – 5 pm), and Blue Hill Food Coop (Noon – 2 pm) and Brunswick Post Office (11 am – 1 pm); April 15-16 – Rome Youth Activism Gathering (all weekend); April 17 – UMaine/Farmington, Student Center (10 am – 2 pm); April 17-18 – Damariscotta Post Office (11 am – 4 pm); April 18 – UMaine/Orono, Memorial Union (11 am – 2 pm) and Portland – Monument Square ( 8 am – 5:30 pm). Contact the Resource Center if you would like materials for leafleting or a literature table. See press release for the all the details.
St. Louis — Contact Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom – St. Louis Branch
- Tuesday, April 7, 11:30 am–1 pm. Leafleting with WRL pie charts at t the corner of Forsyth and Central in Clayton. See the WILPF St. Louis Facebook page for more information.
- Tuesday, April 18, Noon–1 p.m. Vigil and leafleting outside the IRS office, 290 Broadway at Duane Street, across from the Federal Building. War tax redirection by the NYC People’s Life Fund at 12:30. Sponsored by NYC War Resisters League.
Eugene — Sponsored by Taxes for Peace! or call (541) 342-1953
- Saturday, April 15, 1-4 pm. Alton Baker Park. Resist Taxe$ Supporting War on our Planet! Rally/March/Speakers/Activist Booths. This event is co-sponsored by CALC, ESSN, WAND, Indivisable, Women’s March, and others TBA. See the Facebook page for updated information.
Portland — Sponsored by War Resisters League of Portland/Oregon Community of War Tax Resisters, Email or phone (503) 249-6343
- Saturday, April 15, 3-5 pm. Tax Day Redirection Program at the 18th Ave. Peace House, 2116 NE 18th Ave. Join us as we divest from war and invest in people and the earth.
Philadelphia — Brandywine Peace Community or (484) 574-1148
- Tuesday, April 18, Tax Day: Line of resistance in front of Philadelphia Federal Building Courthouse, 601 Market Street, illustrating what Trump is doing to us: sacrificing human needs and the environment for the sake of war, militarism, and nuclear weapons. The resistance line will feature a 25-foot graph of the breakdown of the federal budget and a equally long banner reading: YOU PAY; LOCKHEED MARTIN PROFITS.
- Saturday, April 15, 2017, 10am-3pm. War tax resistance literature and friendly explanation of WTR, plus music appropriate for these times, directly outside of the Brattleboro Food Coop, 2 Main Street.
Spokane — Peace and Justice Action League of Spokane (PJALS)
- Saturday, April 15th 12-2pm. Location TBA. Invest in People, Not the Pentagon! A budget is a moral document. Does Trump’s budget reflect your values? Continuing our tradition of tax day actions that link out of control military spending with cuts to safety net programs for struggling families, we will be holding a Rally & Teach In to connect the dots between Trump’s proposed $54 billion increase in military spending and cuts to many vital social and environmental programs. Location and speakers to be announced. Please save the date and watch for updates or call (509) 838-7870.
Also, see the Global Days of Action on Military Spending information and events list. NWTRCC supports this worldwide effort.
Add Your Event