Quick Steps Tax Day 2017

The final day to file taxes is
Tuesday, April 18, 2017


First-time Resister or Wanna-Be Resister

Mad about the Border Wall?

Nervous but will resist? Choose a small amount for your first year of resistance. $10?

Template letter to the IRS — anyone can send a protest letter. Print and fill in the PDF or download the rtf file and make it your own.

File on paper and mail your forms in. Avoid e-file and gum up the system a bit (perfectly legal).

Attend a local or regional workshop about war tax resistance.

Fill out this form to request a presentation or workshop (anytime!).

Anyone can use the Peace Tax Return.

Participate in the flip side of resistance:

Redirect your taxes with the Collective Redirection 2017.

Be a Public Resister

Add your name to this sign on statement.

Add your name to the War Tax Boycott.

Already paid but want to be able to resist next year?

Salaried employees: if you are getting a refund or didn’t owe taxes you might need to change your W-4 or make Withholding Adjustments.

Self-employed: If you overpaid estimated taxes, pay lower amounts through 2017 so that you will owe some money next year. Then you can choose whether and how much to resist.

Organizing Ideas

Click on the graphic for our Divest from War, Invest in People Organizing Packet.

See the downloadable flyers page or ask the NWTRCC office for palm cards to hand out at events near you.

Join at Tax Day Protest — a list is growing on this page — or use the form to send us your event details.

Support War Tax Resisters

If you can’t resist, you can always support resistance: Donate to NWTRCC, join the War Tax Resisters Penalty Fund and/or give money to an Alternative Fund.

Subscribe to our blog to keep up with the latest news and ideas.